Week 14 Storylab Microfiction: The Heart of a Wolf

100-word story:

The Wolf was not as cunning as he thought he was. The thought that he could trick the Man into thinking his heart stopped, but it was the Man's heart that he desired. The Wolf thought to play dead, that would fool him. Only when the Man approach, the Wolf faltered. For the Wolf's heart got too excited, and it returned caused him to lose the heart of the Man. The Man quickly ran to safety and warned the others of the cunning Wolf. The Man returned to his hut, thankful. His heart had been protected for one more day. 

6-word story: 

The not so Cunning Wolf failed.

The "Cunning" Wolf (Flickr)


Author's Note: I based this microfiction on the jataka tale "The Cunning Wolf". I twisted the story to where the Wolf was the one pretending to be dead so he could kill the Man. In the actual tale, the Man pretends to be dead so he could kill the Wolf. I kept the title of calling him "The Cunning Wolf" because that is what he is thought to be. 

Bibliography: More Jataka Tales: The Cunning Wolf by Ellen C. Babbitt

Comments

  1. Hi Isha,
    I love your twist to this story! I think it works well as a microfiction. I especially like your 6 word story as an addition to the 100 word story - it made me laugh. He certainly isn't a cunning wolf, but maybe he'll live to eat another day! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isha,
    This story looks good. I know it's not the same, but it's a little similar to the story "The Cunning Crane and the Crab." Honestly, the only thing I can think of as critiques would be to go over and revise for grammatical mistakes. So, just simple mistakes any writer makes while writing! It looks good though, and I hope to read more of your stories in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isha! I really enjoyed reading your microfiction. I thought it was a nice little twist to change the man and wolf's roles in the story and still keep the same name of the story. The picture you have of the wold is beautiful and fits the story perfectly. Your six word story was also very good as it is pretty difficult to create just a six word title. You did a very good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts