Week 4 Storylab Microfiction: Two Tiny Love Stories

100-word story:

I wait for his calls in the night. Time passes, and the flowers wilt. I imagine him laying next to me, and feeling like I never want to say goodbye again. It is hard when you want comfort from someone that can not reach through the phone screen. I wonder if his heart hurts when I say I miss him. I know mine does. What I would give to hear his laughter and feel his touch. I remember the evergreen trees when I came, and especially when I left. Yet I remember each day passing, is one less day of goodbye.

6-word story:

There are butterflies when he calls. 


National Olympic Forest (photo taken by me)

Author's note: I wanted to get a little personal on here, and share how it feels to be in a long-distance relationship. Obviously from my microfiction, it isn't easy, but it is so worth the outcome. The two short stories are on the same topic. My favorite part of the day is when we talk at night, so I wanted to highlight the importance of that. My boyfriend lives in Washington, so there are a lot of evergreen trees. The first thing I noticed on the plane was how many trees there were. Living in Oklahoma my whole life, the landscape here isn't that exciting. Leaving Washington, I remember fixating on the trees for the very last time and telling myself that I will be back soon.

Comments

  1. Hello Isha! I love the way you became so personal in your writing. First off, thank you for sharing this wonderful story. I cannot imagine having a long distance relationship. You captured the whole essence of a relationship into just 100 words beautifully. I loved that you used active tense throughout the story which made the words so vivid and graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isha! This was so beautifully written and thank you for allowing us to read a bit of your personal life and feelings. I definitely pulled at my heart strings a bit and I had me feeling so many emotions in just a short time. Not to mention your six word story summing everything up for yourself and for how many people feel when they hear from the significant other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Isha!
    Being apart from someone who means a lot to you is definitely challenging. Thank you for sharing these stories. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing the same given how personal they are, but they are beautifully written. I especially like the end of the first story "each passing day is one less day of goodbye." That's something I'll probably hold with me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts