Week 3 Story: Voldemort's Immortality

One frightful night, a wizard that would later terrorize the world was born. His name was Tom Riddle. He wreaked havoc on the mortal world, terrorizing other wizards to join his cause. He wanted to rid the world of humans, for he saw them as weak and helpless. 

During his reaping, he would be renamed, Lord Voldemort. 

"I am Lord Voldemort, the Thief of Death. You shall fear me." he proclaimed. '

And so the world was terrified to face him through his journey of immortality. 

Lord Voldemort would continue to challenge his fellow wizards, and perhaps go into his biggest battle so far. 

James and Lily Potter were prominent wizards that were brave and charismatic. They had a son named Harry. 

One night, Lord Voldemort barged into the Potter residence, demanding for them to join his army. When James and Lily refused him, he waged a fight against them. 

Although James and Lily were bold wizards, it was no match for Lord Voldemort's dark magic. As James was taking his final breaths, he mustered up the strength for Lord Voldemort, saying "My son, Harry Potter will arise as an avenger". As a mere infant, Harry watches Lord Voldemort snatch his parents' lives. 

Eleven years later, muggle-born Harry Potter receives his letter for Hogwarts and his journey as The Chosen One begins. He is not aware who Lord Voldemort is, as the name is safeguarded and should not be spoken out of fear of him returning.

There have been rumors circulating about Lord Voldemort's return after his disappearance from that fateful night eleven years prior. It is said that he praised the God of Dark Magic and was given immortality from all beings except humans. 

Little to Lord Voldemort's knowledge, James' last words would soon come true, and his muggle-born son would rise to face him in his final battle of immortality. 

Lord Voldemort meaning Thief of Death (photo by Ashley)

Author's Note: I based Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter series off of Ravana from the Ramayana. When Ravana asks for immortality from Gautama, he leaves out humans because he sees them as weak and helpless. This would later become a mistake on Ravana's part since Vishnu being human incarnate as Rama. Lord Voldemort's case was similar since he had immortality, but he saw humans as lesser beings. I changed Harry Potter to be fully human-born, so Lord Voldemort's undermining of humans would become his downfall similar to Ravana. I also made James tell Lord Voldemort that he would be avenged, similar to when Anaranya told Ravana there would be an avenger from Ayodhya. 

Bibliography: Tiny Tales from the Ramayana by Laura Gibbs, Part A, Page 1, Page 2

Comments

  1. Hi Isha! OMG first I love that you based your story on Harry Potter because I absolutely LOVE Harry Potter and also want to twist one of my stories in this same style. I overall really enjoyed your story because I am familiar with these characters and you did a great job tying them into this traditional Indian Epic. I am excited to read what more you come up with later this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isha! This was such a fun story to read! I love Harry Potter so being able to immerse my self back in that world while also understand that Ramayana more was exciting. I think you did really well at incorporating and tweaking small differences to fight the style of the Ramayana although not noticeable and out of place. I wonder what would have happened if Harry had not been changed to be muggle- born, would anyone be able to stop Voldemort? My only suggestion of these story would be grammar based. It seems as if you switch tenses a bit and I may be wrong (I get confused a lot while writing) but I think it may make your writing sound more cohesive. Other than that you have a really great story and I could see this going further in the future with the final battle of Hogwarts begin the battle between Rama and Ravana.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts