Week 2: Reading Overview

Of the two reading options of the Ramayana, I chose Tiny Tales from the Ramayana. I chose this option since it is a different reading structure from what I am normally exposed to, and I thought it would be interesting to read the Ramayana in a condensed version. I think it is challenging to write such a detailed journey in short 100-word parts, so I am looking forward to the details that are included. 

A comic that I found interesting was Hanuman to the Rescue. I always found Hanuman's story interesting, as he symbolizes service and devotion to being loyal to Rama. Hanuman is also one of the more recognizable Hindu gods and is mentioned in popular media like Black Panther. Another comic I found interesting was The Lord of Lanka, which details the life of Ravana--the antagonist of Ramayana.  I actually grew up reading about the epics with comics similar to these, and the general knowledge I have of Ravana is that he abducted Rama's wife, Sita. I think it would be interesting to read more about the life of the villain in the epic.

A video from the playlist I chose is Harry Potter Music (Indian Version). As mentioned in a previous post, I am a fan of Harry Potter so when I saw this video, I just had to listen to it. I love the scoring for Harry Potter, and arranging it with Indian classical instruments brought a beautiful twist. I loved seeing the appreciation for classical music, as it is a great part of Indian culture and Hinduism. Another video I thought was interesting was Google Search: Reunion. I think it is very important to learn about Indian history and the partition that separated India and Pakistan. Repurcusions of the partition are still happening today, so I thought it was wholesome to see two friends uniting despite history pitting them against each other. 

Hanuman at Rama and Sita's coronation (Wikimedia Commons)

Comments

Popular Posts