Switzerland: My Favorite Place

I traveled to Switzerland in July 2017 after a few weeks of exploring Italy. It was very spontaneous to go up to Switzerland, and my family gave me about a one day notice. I didn't have proper attire in any sense, but the trip was worth it. I took a train ride from Venice through the Italian countryside (with lots of sunflower fields) and the Alps to Zürich. I rode on a cable car, went to the top of a mountain peak wearing Birkenstocks, cruised on Lake Zürich for two hours, got caught in the middle of a hailstorm, and had the best crepe at a local train station market. It is always the unplanned adventures that make the best memories. I still find myself longing to live in one of the small villages nestled on the Swiss Plateau. 



Comments

  1. The landscape of Switzerland really is magical, Isha: how great that you got to go there! (and to Venice also!) ... when I was little, we lived in Geneva and Lucerne, and even as a tiny child I remember finding it enchanting, especially compared to Texas, which is where we lived before that. In India of course there are some beautiful mountains, and mythology to go with those mountains... like the abode of Shiva on Mount Kailash! So if you want to take some virtual trips into some beautiful mountains, you could do a project on the mythology of the mountains of India for this class. You can wear whatever shoes you want when you are traveling on the Internet superhighway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Isha! I have not been to Switzerland, but I got a chance to study abroad for a month during summer 2018, and I took a weekend trip to Lake Como, which borders the Swiss Alps. It's a beautiful lake, and seeing the mountains in the background makes it even more breath-taking. I would love to get a chance to cross over to Switzerland like you did! (I even visited Venice, but alas, I did not take the train to cross the border!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you Isha? I have never been to Switzerland but I made a friend that was from there and it is so beautiful. He worked for an airline company there and would send me picture of the mountains and their first big snow. I am in love with the country and dream to go there one day! It just seems like a place to escape to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Isha!
    Switzerland really is a beautiful place. It's hard for me to pick one specific country as my favorite landscape-wise. I'm not if you got much time to see other countries in the alps, but they're all incredibly beautiful and look remarkably different for being part of the same mountain range. The part of the Austrian Alps I saw were nothing like the Swiss Alps, both were stunning but for very different reasons. If you ever go back to Switzerland, you should absolutely explore nearby countries as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts