Storybook Favorites

 There were many amazing storybooks that I read, but here are three of my favorites!


Another Love Story 

This storybook was the very first one I clicked on because the title caught my eye. It was different than the rest, as it did not include any indication of a traditional Indian story. Upon reading the storybook, I thought the idea was really unique and creative to have dating advice from the Gods of Love. I also enjoyed how they tied the story of Rama/Sita and Guatama/Ahalya as the ones needing relationship advice. It makes the story of the lovers more understandable since a majority of people can relate to needing relationship advice at some point in their lives. 


I found this project to be really exciting since I love Indian food. It is really fascinating to see appreciation for Indian culture and people trying the food for the first time--let alone cooking it. I thought it was creative to incorporate the types of foods from the regions that the Ramayana takes place in. I loved how the stories encouraged others to appreciate traveling and cooking, as they also included two recipes! These stories of traveling and appreciating culture is something many people can learn and take away from and is a unique way to try new things. 

Voldemort's Reincarnation

I am a huge Harry Potter fan that recently became re-obsessed during quarantine, so reading these stories was very exciting to me. I loved how they incorporated the ideology of reincarnation with the rise of Voldemort, and relating it back to Ramayana. There are a lot of Hindu aspects to the Harry Potter series. The most known aspect is Nagini, which translates to "snake" in Sanskrit, so I loved reading about a beloved series in this context. I also liked the incorporation of the Patil twins in the stories, as they are not as notable or recognized in the series. The format and design of the pages was easy to follow and distinctive to each story.

Comments

Popular Posts